Aquarius is generally considered to be the sign of the zodiac that is the most forward thinking. They love new ideas, progress, and inventiveness, often turning up their noses when it comes to anything considered to be overly traditional or at all outdated. Aquarians are also major humanitarians, in love with anything that they think will make the world a better place for the human race at large – especially when it comes to the world of technological advances. Many people also consider Aquarians to be difficult to understand or pin down, and they are in fact famous for their enigmatic ways.
However, the truth is that Aquarius lives very much on the surface of things, uncomfortable with showing too much emotion or becoming too attached to people or situations. Aquarians are also people who love their freedom, their greatest fear being placement in a box of one sort or another. If the water carrier in question is not careful, this can easily translate to a crippling fear of commitment. When it comes to love match astrology, Aquarians are best paired with other air signs, or alternatively with fire signs.
- Sagittarius: Both Sagittarius and Aquarius are cheerful, energetic, and vibrant signs that love adventure, variety, and unpredictability. They are also both signs that have a keen eye on the future. They dream big and love the idea of making the world a better place for all of humanity. Their mutual love of society and human interaction will ensure that their social life is rich and full. This is a very fortuitous astrology signs love match, well able to stand the test of time.
- Libra: As they are both fellow air signs, Libra and Aquarius both love being around people and share a mutual need for an active social life. They also may find a very strong common bond in their love of intellectual pursuits, the arts, and music appreciation. If Aquarius can learn to understand Libra’s need to please others, instead of seeing it as an annoyance or a weakness, this is a match that can make for a wonderfully harmonious marriage.
- Gemini: This pairing certainly has the potential to be a match made in heaven. Both Aquarius and Gemini are fun-loving, social individuals that love conversation, ideas, and variety of all kinds. In fact, this couple is likely to be so interesting and charming that they are constantly in demand socially speaking. The sex life here is also highly rewarding and passionate and each partner will be strongly attracted to the other. The union will be a harmonious one, rarely if ever sullied by jealousy or ill will.
- Virgo: While both signs are cerebral and mentally oriented, they have two totally different approaches toward life that can easily clash. Virgo natives tend to be on the nitpicky, pessimistic side, which will annoy optimistic, expansive Aquarius. Virgos will dislike Aquarius’s constant need for social interaction, as they – like all earth signs – tend to prefer sticking close to home. Virgo’s tendency to be overly critical can also rub Aquarius the wrong way and lead to explosive arguments.
- Pisces: At first these two may feel attracted to one another’s fascinating ideas, but ultimately Pisces will turn out to be far too needy and demanding for freedom-loving, light-hearted Aquarius. The water bearer will sooner or later wind up feeling smothered by the fish’s lofty ideals and penchant toward dependence. The fish will wind up feeling unloved and unappreciated as a result of the Aquarian tendency to adopt a detached, at-arms-length approach to relationships. Ultimately, these two will drag each other down and the union stands little chance of long-term success.
- Scorpio: Aquarius’s unwillingness to give up even a little of its individuality for anyone will eventually rub demanding Scorpio the wrong way. Scorpio’s moodiness, jealousy, and possessiveness will eventually make Aquarius feel trapped and possibly ignite the water bearer’s roving eye. These two will have similar troubles when it comes to agreeing on what the extent of their social life as a couple should be. Aquarius will want to throw many parties and constantly have others around while Scorpio is private and prefers to keep to itself. Overall, this union is likely to be an argumentative and unsatisfactory one on many levels.