As the first sign of the zodiac, Aries is also the sign with the strongest need to take the lead and be out front calling the shots. Governed by energetic Mars, Aries natives are natural extroverts, as well as highly determined people who are constantly full of fiery energy. They are natural born athletes who thrive on challenge and love to be the first to accomplish something new. An Aries does whatever they do with astonishing gusto and unbeatable vitality, and they are highly notable for their honest, up-front way of approaching life and people as well.
However, patience is not exactly one of their strongest virtues, and they are notorious for their tendency to be impatient and overly headstrong. They tend to have quick tempers, but luckily for those who love them, they are also just as quick to forgive and forget. When it comes to love match astrology, Aries natives are best matched with fellow fire or equally compatible air signs that share their natural energy.
- Gemini: An Aries-Gemini match will often result in a vibrant relationship that is full of activity and vitality. Aries and Gemini will love sharing in their mutual thirst for knowledge and breaking new ground together. Sexually, Aries loves to lead, and Gemini will be more than happy to put its natural innovation to the test by thinking up new ways to please.
- Sagittarius: Sagittarius is another highly energetic sign that can match Aries’s natural gusto all the way. Both love being social, active, and living by the seat of their pants, so this relationship is one that is sure to be filled with fun and discovery. These two are also a fabulous match in the bedroom, their sexual compatibility bringing harmony to other aspects of the relationship in turn.
- Leo: If Leo and Aries can master the fine art of learning to share the spotlight with one another, and can learn to give as well as they get when it comes to admiration and praise, this can be a highly energetic and special union. It is also a union that makes for an active and adventurous sex life, as they are very much compatible when it comes to the bedroom.
- Virgo: Aries’s natural need for leadership has a way of clashing with Virgo’s tendency to be on the nitpicky, critical side. They also have two very different types of sexual energy. Aries is bold and direct from the get-go, while Virgo is more reserved, needing time and patience for its sexual energy to unfold. This relationship can only be a success if both partners are willing to be patient and work hard at it.
- Capricorn: Both Capricorn and Aries are natural-born leaders, but unfortunately they have very different ways of going about it and can’t help but lock horns. These two are very likely to fight over money manners, as Aries is something of a spendthrift, while Capricorn is very frugal. Aries also likes variety and novelty, while Capricorn is staunchly traditional, providing even more fertile ground for discord. In short, these two are opposites in all the wrong ways.
- Taurus: These two have a very hard time when it comes to seeing eye to eye, as Taurus and Aries have two very different approaches to life. Aries is energetic and always on the go, while Taurus is slow to get started and likes to take its time once it’s in motion. Aries likes adventure and experience, while Taurus prefers to stick closer to home. Taurus natives tend to prioritize making money, while Aries natives are more interested in spending it, so money is a common topic for argument as well. Although a balance can be found if both parties are willing to really work at it, most Taurus-Aries unions have a tendency to be short-lived due to an inability to do so.