Much like the crab that represents them, Cancer natives tend to possess something of a proverbial shell themselves. They have a tendency to want to crawl into it and preserve themselves if they feel threatened, as they are one of the most sensitive and emotionally deep signs of the entire zodiac. They also have a penchant toward moodiness, and can be a bit indirect and crabby at times as well. Cancer is a sign that doesn’t generally seek to stand out, preferring to blend into the environment around them instead.
However, Cancer is also one of the most loving and caring signs of the entire zodiac, and they are as wholeheartedly dedicated to protecting their families and loved ones as they are their own sensibilities. This makes them ideal homemakers and parents. They tend to be security lovers and highly nostalgic individuals with a great respect for the past and a weakness for objects like souvenirs. When it comes to romance compatibility astrology, Cancer is best matched with fellow water signs, as well as earth signs that often share their natural sensibilities.
- Taurus: Taurus and Cancer are alike in that they share a common need for security and a sense of permanence when it comes to all major aspects of their lives. Their differences are actually beneficial, each one’s individual strengths making up for the other’s weaknesses. Both signs are sensitive and attentive to their loved ones, making for an astrology love match that is likely to stand the test of time quite well.
- Scorpio: Scorpio can be a prickly love match for many zodiac natives, but this is not the case with Cancer. Cancer’s natural possessive tendencies help Scorpio feel secure and wanted in the relationship while Scorpio’s passion helps encourage shy, introverted Cancer to come out of its shell more often. Each one’s innate personality makes the other feel safe and loved, making this a very harmonious love match.
- Virgo: One of the best things about a Virgo-Cancer pairing is the immense capacity for caring that is there. Both Virgo and Cancer are signs that delight in looking after their loved ones, and their union will be a loving one indeed. They are also great at communicating with each other, despite the fact that Virgo always speaks from a practical standpoint, while Cancer is more emotive.
- Aquarius: Aquarian natives love fun and variety, which has a tendency to clash with Cancer’s need for peace, security, and sanctuary. Cancer’s traditional, conservative approach toward life doesn’t mix with Aquarius’s unconventional, often cavalier approach. Aquarians are also typically much too emotionally detached to meet Cancer’s vital needs, while Cancer’s moodiness annoys and aggravates Aquarius.
- Libra: Although this pairing does have the capacity for success, it is unlikely, due to the wildy different ways these two individuals function. Cancer is all emotion and feeling, while Libra approaches life on more intellectual terms, causing the two of them to speak completely different languages. Libra’s social ways can clash with Cancer’s more introverted tendencies while Cancer’s moodiness can prove harrowing for Libras who prefer to avoid drama whenever possible.
- Gemini: Although it is possible for Cancer and Gemini to connect well on an emotional level, these two are ultimately far too different to really make for a successful partnership. Cancer is introverted and near hermit-like a lot of the time, while Gemini is insatiably social, preferring to be around other people more often than not. Cancers also prefer security and peace, while Gemini is all about variety and unpredictability. Sooner or later, the Gemini could well become restless and begin looking for greener pastures.