Like its fellow earth signs, Capricorn is a sign that tends to take a practical approach toward life. Capricorn natives are diligent, prudent, dedicated, and responsible. They never shy away from a challenge, and they are very success oriented. Laziness and apathy are words that are quite simply not part of the Capricorn vocabulary. They value money for its ability to provide them with a sense of security, as well as many of the finer things in life, which Capricorns are definitely able to appreciate. They are often introverted and serious, but possess a wonderful sense of humor, even if it does tend to be a little on the sarcastic side.
Capricorn natives are also people that require a lot of recognition, as well as a sense that they are useful and necessary, in order to feel truly satisfied with their lives. The recognition they crave is generally more of the worldly, material variety and they are suckers for status-related items like fancy cars, designer suits, or fine watches. When it comes to love match astrology, Capricorns are best paired with fellow earth signs, or alternatively, with water signs.
- Taurus: Both earthy, passionate signs, Capricorn and Taurus have a natural understanding of one another’s approaches toward life. Both are also signs that place a high value on money and security, so they will find that they have many goals and dreams in common as well. Taurus will appreciate Capricorn’s diligence when it comes to building security for them both, while Capricorn will be glad for Taurus’s dedication toward the upkeep of the home. This union is one that makes for an excellent marriage.
- Pisces: This is an example of an astrology signs love match where the differences between the individuals are beneficial to the union. Capricorn provides a stabilizing influence for Pisces, as well as offers a much-needed sense of security. Pisces helps serious Capricorn lighten up a little and have more fun with life. Each personality has strengths that make up for the other’s weaknesses, making their union one with a very bright future indeed.
- Virgo: Virgo and Capricorn are like two peas in a pod when it comes to their approaches to life. Both know the value of a well kept home and strive to make theirs a place that positively oozes success and order. They work hard for what they have, and they love sharing it with a few select friends, as opposed to a large group of many superficial acquaintances. This is not the most romantic or passionate union, as both partners are more practical and clever instead, but it is one that stands an excellent chance of long-term success.
- Aries: Aries and Capricorn are about as different in all the most troublesome ways as two signs: can be. Aries’s tendency to take risks and go out on a limb will unnerve conservative, reserved Capricorn. Capricorn’s focus on security and planning ahead will not sit well with the typically extravagant and spendthrift Aries. Each sign also wants to be the only one in control, each feeling they are the one who knows best. They will often butt heads, making their relationship the grounds for a constant power struggle.
- Sagittarius: A sex life that will potentially be very frustrating, especially for passionate Sagittarius, is only one of the issues present in this pairing. Sensible, down-to-earth Capricorn will see Sagittarius as flighty and immature. Fun-loving Sagittarius will think serious Capricorn is a stodgy stick-in-the-mud. Neither really possesses the ability to appreciate the attributes of the other, making this union unlikely to stand the test of time.
- Leo: Leo will ultimately turn out to be too extravagant and rambunctious to suit conservative, strait-laced Capricorn. Capricorn will be too cold and practical for praise-loving, affectionate Leo. These two individuals are like night and day, and they will have a lot of trouble finding compromise when it comes to many aspects of the relationship, including money, sex, and social life. Most Leo-Capricorn unions tend to be relatively short-lived.