As with their symbol the lion, Leo natives are known as courageous, regal individuals with a natural flare for drama. Leos are typically proud people with a weakness for attention and the spotlight, but also an admirable level of respect for justice and fairness as well. They are creative individuals that more often than not make incredible artists of all types. Those born under the sign of the lion not only dream big, but they love large as well. They want to leave the world a better place than they found it, and they have the passion, the drive, and the ambition to do just that if they put their minds to it and work hard.
However, Leos also sometimes have a tendency to be vain, stubborn, and overbearing at times, and their pussycat exterior hides a temper that can be vicious if rubbed the wrong way. The trademark Leo pride can also mutate into overbearing self-importance if not properly tempered. When it comes to astrology love signs, Leo is best matched with fellow fire signs, or alternatively air signs, as they share many of their natural sensibilities and outlooks.
- Sagittarius: Both Sagittarius and Leo are robust, fiery, fun-loving signs that share a mutual love of adventure and freedom, both in love with the experience of life itself. Each one stimulates, encourages, and inspires the other to reach new heights. Leo and Sagittarius are also equally potent in the bedroom, making sex a favorite way of bonding and spending time together. Seeing eye to eye when it comes to many important aspects of life, this is an astrology love match built to last
- Aries: Aries natives and Leo natives have such similar temperaments that they can’t help but share a mutual understanding of one another. Both are passionate, energetic, and slightly egotistical, but as long as they take care to respect one another, this can be more of an asset than a liability. Both also share a mutual love of sex, making their sex life a key bonding point when it comes to their relationship.
- Gemini: Both Leo and Gemini are signs that approach life with enthusiasm and gusto. Although they do go about that from different angles (Leo with the heart and Gemini with the head) their differences in that respect compliment each other as opposed to cause trouble. Leo’s natural warmth helps Gemini to temper its natural cynicism, while Gemini’s fun-loving approach to life appeals to Leo’s natural joviality. This is a couple that generally has a wonderful time whenever they are together.
- Capricorn: There are few signs that are more complete opposites than Leo and Capricorn. They speak different languages and see eye to eye on little. Capricorn’s lack of creativity and imagination disappoints passionate, artistic Leo while Leo’s impulsiveness aggravates conservative, reserved Capricorn. Nor are they the best sexual match, each possessing a totally different outlook and energy level when it comes to sex.
- Taurus: These two signs run into a lot of trouble when it comes to money matters. Taurus is all about thrift and preparation for the future while Leo would rather spend and have a good time in the present. They will also find that they have many issues when it comes to the way they each show affection. (Taurus desires a devotion that self-absorbed Leo will not give, and Taurus will not be willing to shower Leo with the constant admiration it requires.) These two are also both fixed signs, so it is unlikely that they will be able to compromise enough to live together in any type of harmony.
- Scorpio: Scorpio and Leo both have incredibly strong personalities, but unfortunately the two are so different that they will find it difficult to ultimately get along. Leo will tend to find that Scorpio’s overall intensity and sometime bouts of jealousy are too much to handle. Scorpios will find Leo’s generally light-hearted attitude when it comes to many things to be irritating. Although it is possible for these two to get along if both are open to compromise, it will be tough to find common ground and see eye to eye.
- Leo: As is the case with many two-of-a-kind matches, two lions together can be wonderful in many ways. If they are able to give as well as they get when it comes to the praise and admiration Leos require, this can be a very pleasant, loving union. This is also a very compatible combination in the bedroom. However, both partners must be careful no to let their natural “all-about-me” attitude take over, otherwise the partnership can become a power struggle that is both stormy and argumentative.
- Aquarius: This is a pairing in which the two are generally very strongly attracted to one another. They both dream big dreams and want big things out of life. However, they have two very different approaches to the matter. Expansive, humanitarian Aquarius will not appreciate Leo’s self-centered approach. Affectionate, attention-loving Leo will not like Aquarius’s sometime penchant toward detachment. However, if both are open to compromise, it is possible to find a way to make their differences work for them, as opposed to against them.