Scorpio is probably the sign of the zodiac that is at once the most celebrated and the most feared. Scorpio natives are beings who possess a tremendous degree of innate power. This power can be, and usually is, transformational or psychological in nature.
Scorpio natives actually thrive on pressure and challenge, and they are at their best when in a situation that encourages and allows them to transform, change, and grow over and over again. This is a sign that demands the ultimate in respect, and they are such impressive and commanding individuals that they usually get it.
However, they are also sensitive individuals that feel things quite deeply. As a result, they can be the most giving, loving people in the world if treated right, but beware. Hurt a Scorpio and they’ll never forgive you or allow you to forget it. They are intense individuals that approach everything in life with a great deal of passion and gusto. When it comes romance compatibility astrology, Scorpios are best paired with fellow water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces), or alternatively, complimentary earth signs (Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo).
- Cancer: These two signs possess many differences, but they are differences of the type that compliment each other instead of cause trouble. Scorpio’s powerful nature helps make soft-spoken Cancer feel secure and protected – a priority for them. Cancer’s natural need to please and utter devotion to the object of their affection keeps Scorpio’s tendency to be jealous at bay. This is a passionate union ideally suited for marriage.
- Capricorn: Capricorn natives and Scorpio natives go together excellently, as they make a very good team. Capricorn’s natural patience and diligence compliments Scorpio’s potent imagination and keen investigative skills. This is also a wonderful match when it comes to sexual chemistry. As long as Capricorn can learn to understand and accept Scorpio’s sometime need to dominate, this will be a union that should blossom into a strong, healthy long-term relationship.
- Pisces: Although these two are quite different when it comes to quite a few fundamentals, their differences compliment one another instead of making waves. Dreamy Pisces is all too willing to allow Scorpio to take the lead and, in fact, actually feels more loved and valued as a result of Scorpio’s possessiveness. Scorpio will be all too happy to take care of dependent Pisces and compensate for its tendency to be indecisive. Relationships of all levels are generally very successful with this pairing.
- Libra: This is a combination that can start with a strong mutual attraction, but ultimately these two signs are too different when it comes to the fundamentals to make for a satisfactory match. Scorpio’s jealousy and possessiveness will aggravate Libra natives and possible inspire them to be unfaithful or become deceptive. Scorpio’s unwillingness (or inability) to ever forgive anything will ensure that any breaching of boundaries on Libra’s part will never be forgotten. This often results in an unstable, rocky union that rarely results in marriage.
- Leo: Generally speaking, Scorpio is too intense and brooding a match for a light-hearted Leo native. Leo also finds it quite the challenge to deal with the dramatics and possessiveness typically associated with Scorpio, while Scorpio is unlikely to appreciate Leo’s constant need for attention and praise. Both signs are extremely strong-willed and dominant, causing relationships between the two to break down into power struggles more often than not.
- Gemini: Scorpio and Gemini literally speak two different languages when it comes to both love and life. Scorpio is quite a private entity while Gemini can’t imagine life without interaction with others. Gemini is light-hearted and even flighty while Scorpio is intense, serious, and often inflexible. Gemini’s natural tendency toward flirtatiousness will aggravate jealous Scorpio, while the demands Scorpios tend to make of their partners will make Gemini feel trapped and suffocated.